Thursday 7 March 2013

Cheesesteak

It's not a cheese steak. It's a cheesesteak. Just one word. Don't ask me why, I guess Americans struggle a little bit with their spelling. I've never actually had a proper cheesesteak, but next time I'm in America, it's right at the top of my list. But in the meantime, here's my effort.

For the best combination of flavour and tenderness, there's only one type of steak to use, and that's ribeye. I sliced it thinly by partially freezing it, and then cutting it diagonally with a sharp knife. Then quickly fried the slices for around 3 minutes.



I piled up the steak inside a large sub roll, put some slices of cheese on the top, and microwaved it for 20 seconds to melt the cheese. A little mustard, a little mayo, and you have a breakfast lunch fit for champions.




A damn expensive sandwich... but worth every penny.
Taste
Classification




No comments:

Post a Comment